Former finance minister P Chidambaram has been recorded as a denounced in the Aircel-Maxis case by the CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) in its supplementary charge sheet. Responding to the charge sheet Chidambaram denied himself to be blamed and furthermore rejected charge sheet against him as “over the top affirmation”.
His child Karti Chidambaram was already an accused in the case. The Patiala court will supposedly take the insight of the issue on 31 July. Concerning matter, P Chidambaram took to Twitter to claim that the “CBI has been influenced to document a charge sheet to help an over the top affirmation against me and officers with a sterling notoriety. The case is presently under the watchful eye of the Hon’ble Court and it will be challenged vivaciously.”
The CBI in its charge sheet notices 16 others as denounced for the situation. Some govt authorities, both serving and resigned, have been named in the charge sheet are as per the following:-
• Ashok Jha, at that point Secretary, Economic Affairs
• Ashok Chawla, Additional Secretary, Economic Affairs
• Kumar Sanjay Krishna, at that point Joint Secretary (Finance Ministry)
• Deepak Kr Singh, at that point Director, IAS
• Ram Sharan, at that point Under Secretary
• A Palaniappan
• S Bhaskar Raman
• V Srinivasan
• Chess Management Services Holding Ltd
• Astro All Asia Networks PLC Malaysia
• Maxis Mobile Sdn Bhd Malaysia
• Bumi Armada Berhad Malaysia
• Bumi Armada Navigation SDN BHD Malaysia
• Ananda Krishnan Tatparanandam
• Augustus Ralph Marshall
• Advantage Strategic Consulting Pvt Ltd Chennai
The CBI likewise say that two arrangements of cash trails were found with respect to Foreign Investment Promotion Board freedom.
The case was that the senior Congress pioneer’s part had gone under the scanner of exploring offices in the Aircel-Maxis arrangement of Rs 3,500 crore and the INX Media case including Rs 305 crore and the CBI was leading a test into how Chidambaram, who was the finance minister in 2006, conceded the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) endorsement to an outside firm when just the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) was engaged to do it.
In this manner, party pioneer Kapil Sibal also the ”counsel“ of P Chidambaram said “what do you expect from this BJP Government and CBI? It’ll meet the same fate as other charge sheets of the CBI. Do you recall the end result for the 2G case? everything brought about the vindication. A similar thing will occur here”.
Besides, Both Chidambaram and his child have denied the assertions leveled against them by the CBI and ED.